"Brandon shifts the narrative on Banderastan"
The Vineyard of the Saker (August 1, 2022)
By Andrei Raevsky
President “Biden” (i.e. the “collective” Biden, not the actual Bradon) penned an interesting article for the NYT entitled “President Biden: What America Will and Will Not Do in Ukraine“. The entire things is behind a paywall, and it is not really worth reposting it here. But I do want to comment on a few of “Biden’s” theses.
First, I will ignore the obnoxious habit of calling the USA “America”, when just Canada and Brazil alone are almost as big as the USA. Furthermore, the USA is only 9,833,520 km2 (3,796,742 sq mi) while the total area of the Americas is 42,549,000 km2 (16,428,000 sq mi). Finally, there are 35 countries in the Americas but, fine, okay, if saying “‘Murica” evokes imagines of Captain America and waving (Chinese made) flags – then fine. Let’s look at a few key sentences:
“America’s goal is straightforward: We want to see a democratic, independent, sovereign and prosperous Ukraine with the means to deter and defend itself against further aggression (…) We do not seek a war between NATO and Russia. As much as I disagree with Mr. Putin, and find his actions an outrage, the United States will not try to bring about his ouster in Moscow“
Now that is a HUGE change. In Russian, there is this expression of “changing shoes while in mid jump” (переобуться в прыжке) which refers to situation when a person suddenly make a full and instantaneous 180 after pompously insisting on a goal which is now dropped.
The initial plan was simple: to smash the Russian economy, have Putin overthrown in an insurrection of some kind, break apart Russia and then turn towards China and crush it. And, considering the absolutely extreme demonization of Putin, he was clearly designated as the object of total hate by “all of progressive and freedom loving mankind”.
And now “Biden” “generously” will allow Putin to stay in power. Yes, “Biden”, not the fact that the Russian population fully support Putin, and the SMO. How stupid does “Biden” think that we all are?
Anyway, let’s continue,
“We will also continue reinforcing NATO’s eastern flank with forces and capabilities from the United States and other allies. And just recently, I welcomed Finland’s and Sweden’s applications to join NATO, a move that will strengthen overall U.S. and trans-Atlantic security by adding two democratic and highly capable military partners“
This entire paragraph can be summarized in all sorts of colorful ways, I will just call in counter-factual and delusional nonsense. Where do I even begin here? Let me describe the realty of NATO here, with a few bullet points.
• First, its goal. It’s real goal, of course, not all that propagandistic hogwash about freedom, democracy, etc. The real goal of NATO is simple: keep the “Russians out, Americans in, Germans down”. Mind you, Stalin wanted a united Germany, it is the US which said no. And NATO was created before the Warsaw Treaty Organization which in the West is called the “Warsaw Pact” because “pact” sounds more ominous. So we have a nice, shining and peace loving “North Atlantic Treaty Organization” on one hand, and and evil dark Warsaw Pact. See, from Day 1 that organization was aimed at misleading the popular opinion about its true goals. Even the “North Atlantic” part is a lie, just look at the NATO operations in Afghanistan!
• Second, in military terms, NATO is about 90% USA and the rest 10% riffraff. Oh yes, yes, I know, NATO countries have tanks, aircraft, soldiers, ships, etc. But don’t look at what they have, look at what they do not have. NATO is entirely depended on the USA for C4ISR, for logistics, for the maintenance of its weapons systems, for the training of its personnel, etc. etc. etc. The truth is that the USA is the only NATO power which matters, the rest just serve the PR function of a fig leaf to hide the undeniable fact that NATO is an military occupation force.
• Third, while NATO makes a lot of noises about anything and everything, in reality is is military a hollow, paper tiger. What NATO can do is attack weak, more or less defensive countries. And even then its end score is pretty bad: they screwed up Libya, failed in Afghanistan and Iraq, failed in Syria and even failed (in military terms) against a single Serbian Army corps in Kosovo. Even its infamous operation Gladio was a total failure. The notion that NATO could take on Russia in a land war is absolutely hilarious and begs the question: with *what*???
• Finally, there are plenty of countries which have been de-facto part of NATO while remaining formally independent on the USA and NATO. It’s not just Finland or Sweden, it is also Switzerland and, of course, the Ukraine. So what matters is not the formal list of countries but the reality on the ground. The “expansion” of NATO to the East (Ukraine), South (Kosovo) or North (Finland, Sweden) changes absolutely nothing. All it does is further reduce the sovereignty and agency of these countries. But militarily, its the same old, same old.
My principle throughout this crisis has been “Nothing about Ukraine without Ukraine.” I will not pressure the Ukrainian government — in private or public — to make any territorial concessions. It would be wrong and contrary to well-settled principles to do so.
Another pearl for sure! So after Nuland’s “fuck the EU” we are now told that “Biden” has the utmost respect for the Ukraine and its brilliant leader Zelensky. But nevermind that, the key word here is “territorial concessions”. Here “Biden” is being very slick on two levels:
• He introduces the notion of “territorial concessions” into the doxa, the publicly accepted discourse.
• He places the entire burden and responsibility for any such concessions on the regime in Kiev. You could say that he washes his hands off this entire topic. Your on your own now, pal “Ze”!
Next comes this pearl of self-gratification:
Standing by Ukraine in its hour of need is not just the right thing to do. It is in our vital national interests to ensure a peaceful and stable Europe and to make it clear that might does not make right.
REALLY? Might does not make right? But then how was the USA itself born if not under that very principle. And then, the HUNDREDS of military operations and attacks the USA waged against almost every country on the planet in total illegality. How about all the so-called “sanctions” which are all illegal under international law, including various blockades and secondary sanctions. And how about Israel, this genocidal entity which every single US politician piously worships, and which has made “might makes right” its highest religious dogma, that is the entity which the USA has called the “only democracy in the Middle-East” and its closest ally! I submit that instead of the (clearly counter-factual) “in God we trust” the USA should adopt a new motto: “quod licet iovi non licet bovi” which can loosely be translated as “its okay when we do it”.
I could go on parsing this boring text, but here is the conclusion:
The “Biden” administration is now changing its official narrative.
It used to be about ousting Putin crushing Russia, now its about pretending to be strong while preparing the public opinion for the inevitable defeat of not so much the Ukraine proper (that war was lost in the first week of the SMO!), but the defeat of the USA and NATO in this conflict.
Oh sure, depending on the audience, “Biden” will say this, or that, or its opposite or both. That is how western politicians operate. But an opinion piece in the NYT is one of the main ways to send a signal to the ruling elites and the propaganda machine of the AngloZionist Empire. There is no more talk about defeating Russia, only that the Ukronazi regime in Kiev will have to figure out on its own how and when to sue for peace. [emphasis added]